lauantaina, syyskuuta 23, 2006

Final cut!!!!

Yes. The shortmovie is now edited. Yesterday I watched it, and did four minor changes to some cutpoints, and thought: Thats it. I´m happy. The movie is something around 24min40s. long, without credits.
Now begins the sound designing. Hope everything goes well. I try to get to Karhula as soon as possible to visit Arttu and give him all the material needed. While Arttu does his sound designing, I finish the graphic design, colour correction (which takes a lot of time) and all kinds of postproduction thingies needed to be done. I guess in a month or so we can deside the premiere date! That will be awesome. I must also edit all the extramaterial to the dvd and do subtitles.
Editing prosses was hard, but not so intensive, cause I didn´t have the time to do it full time. But that´s okay, cause I had more time to think about it this way. It is funny how it came closer to the original script, the one written 3 years ago, as I edited the material. Some scens were cut out, which weren´t in the original script anyway. Some scenes are changed and assimilated to others. a minor change in the order of the scenes has been done.
There is the feeling of inspiration and happines when you discover new ways to do things, especially with the material you have been working with a long time. Its almost as good feeling as the feeling in a filminglocation when you see that this scene works and the material will be great (unfortunately its rarely true, altough it feels like it) and you are in state of inspiration all the time. These kind of feelins are the reason to do things like this. Its a natural high almost! (sorry for the cliche again).
What is a bit bad is the fact that this has really took a lot of my time and energy, and now it is really hard to find the strenght to do schoolwork. i feel like vomiting when I think that I must edit the next 8 weeks of archive material to some kind of short film. Well, not yet but in few weeks will begin a class which takes 8 weeks...oh my god.

New script has begun to evolve in my brain. Soon I begin to write it. I´m very exited about it. But I can´t tell you much about it. I had the idea while shooting this film, and slowly I realized the connections to my other ideas, and realised that this is a script to be done. Everything will start again! But it might take a while before it is done, for I must really concentrate on the next script, cause it must be much much better than the last one.

Now it is time to do some musicvideo-videoart things, and concentrate to school..maby. And ofcourse, to do the sound design and dvd for this shortmovi
e. So, it never ends, Im always busy.

Ei kommentteja: