lauantaina, heinäkuuta 08, 2006

day 9 , and some explanations

Today went okay. We had this rig thingy to be used over the hood of the car. we shot some nice car driving scenes. It was really hot and I sat behind the front seats in between of the front and back seats. It was nice but I got a bit carsick. (picture by Maspe)

But I must write about something else today. In the paperarticle of Kymen Sanomat was mentioned three times that this is an autobiogrhaphical movie. I´m dissapointed cause I tried to explain to the journalist, that this is not an autobiographical movie, but of course, there is not many things happened in my life, that have affected me strongly, and ofcourse, the inspiration of this movie is in one spesific time of my life, and yes, this movie takes place in Karhula, and many locations have some meaning to me personally. So, in that sense and that sense only, this is an autobiographical movie, but like Jesse said in movie Before Sunset, "Isn´t everything autobiographical?" But there is so much more in it. Things I´ve seen in other movies, things I´ve read in books, things I´ve heard, things I wish had been or things I´ve dreamed. All this is also part of my life, but more commonly these kind of sources of inspirations are considered fiction. One could ask why.
I can not understand why anyone does anything if he or she doesn´t have some personal reasons and emotions connected to it, which need to be expressed. I see no other reason to do art or science or anything what you do in life. Isn´t everything about dealing with your exeperiences and the emotions your mind holds inside of it, about different things in life.

And other thing, why couldn´t I do an autobiographical movie, in the traditional way? I don´t see that you need to be old or a war hero to do a thing like that. (altough it might give you a good reason for it) I´ve seen this autobiographical movie made by a guy when he was 30 or something, and it was one of the most interesting movie I´ve seen a while at that time. Movie called Tarnation. Check it out. It was just about how messed up that guy (and his family) is. So anyway, my point was, that it isn´t all about what you have gone trough in life, but how you deal with your life and what can you get out of it, what ideas, how you express your emotions and impressions and what do they mean to you. Cause that is all that is important, all what matters.
I have no reason to do a shortmovie about some korean kickboxing hero, who uses some drug I´ve never heard of and likes to eat raw fish. That might be interesting to some people, but it is highly unlikely that I could get any personal connection to that kind of story. I´m sure that I could find something that I could relate, but maby you get my point.
Stop.

Ei kommentteja: