tiistaina, heinäkuuta 11, 2006

it has ended


YEAH! Last day of shooting was today! I must say, I´m happy. I don´t know will this be a "good short film" but I´ve learned so much I can´t even begin to write the things I´ve learned here. I know so much more now about myself and other people. I´m really tired.
Today we drove to Helsinki to shoot some interior shots. Crew was a bit frustrated about the fact that we had to shoot in Helsinki. We shot the scene where they get the 8mm camera, dream scene number 1 and the beginning scene at my apartment. It was really hot and sweaty. Marja did the part of Anina nicely, altough I was so messed up that I´m sure that no one understood what I said today. I just mumbled and said half words.
But we got all done. Marja seemed a bit stressed out, which is natural, this was I think the third or fouth time I met her. Nice person. "The dream girl" Laura was also really co-operative in those awfull conditions inside the small apartment.
Jarno was relaxed and seemed bit confused but happy about the fack that we shot at his place.
Tero Nummela came and did the part of "room mate" really nicely. Just the right man for the job. We re-decorated my place with lots of beer cans and so on. Netta put some nice mud on the floor of the bathroom. Maspe also came around and helped and slept in the car.

Now, when everything is over (ecxept I must return everything tomorrow, keys,cameras etc) I think that even if this movie turned out to be bad, which can happen, if I loose my mind during the editing or something, this experience has been something that can´t be replaced. Everyone who has been in this project has been really great. The fact that everyone did his or her part, on time and listening my uncomprihensible talking, is amazing. Nothing bad even happened. One scene had to be changed. Nothing more. Weather was great! Everything fell in its place, actors, sponsors, shooting locations and timetables... Only one I can plame for things done wrong is me. Everyone else has been great! And I´m already proud of my self that I managed to do this. Remembering that this is not a schoolwork, this is just some short movie I made in my own time. School short movies are very different things. I could have just been in some bar all this time, complaining that I never do anything. But instead I did this! Altough it destroyed my social life for a while ;)
Also, this has been something that had to be done. When the movie is finished, its an end of an era. 3 years ago was the last time I cut my hair. 3 years ago was the beginning of that year which was the inspiration for that movie, when, at the end of that year, wrote this script. 3 years ago I moved to Kouvola. Now Juippi is moving to Kouvola, going to the same school I went back then.. During these shootins I talked to someone I haven´t talked for a while, (whos been also inspiration for the original script.) When the movie is finished, edited and so on, I´m going to cut my hair. And let´s hope I´m going to be a decend citizen and get a jog or something. ;) not likely. But things that have gone trough my mind last 3 years are now getting to some ending point along this movie and other projects I´ve done during these years. Let´s hope that this is not an end for everything, just that a new phase will begin.
I´ll report here how the editing and dvd-doing and these kind of things are going. So keep on reading! Also other stuff will appear here. When ever I have something to say. (Written in a half-a-sleep-state of mind)

2 kommenttia:

M:R kirjoitti...

Onneksi olkoon. But please proof read the post, man.

Jussi Rautaniemi kirjoitti...

:)