maanantaina, heinäkuuta 24, 2006

Rough cut

Now, the first, rough cut of the short film has been edited. It wasn´t very easy job. Every day I faced my own mistakes, my inadequacy as a director and a cameraman. It is clear to me now that a project this size will require atleast knowing camera-assistant, which I knew but couldn´t get. But perhaps it would anyway be the best to get a cinematographer to do the job.
Russian director Kossakovski says that it is essential that director operates the camera also, and this is true in some sense, like when you are shooting a documentary, following some event, you must feel the situation, operate the camera like it is a part of your self, but what I came to realize that in the pre production, when I couldn´t do very accurate storyboards, and thought that this will all be clear to me in the location and the situation, that atleast all the types of shots needed should be in some paper, and someone should watch that all these shots are taken. This is the thing I didn´t do, but fortunately, it doesn´t do much damage to the film. But for future projects, this must be done.
I really can´t say what the film will be like to the audience who haven´t been a part of the making prosses or who don´t know anything about it. I really don´t. For me it seems a bit insane film right now. And there is much work to be done to get some scenes working. We also have to do some afterrecordings for the sound. There had been some problems in some scenes.
Short movie making is trying to correct the mistakes made in the previous stage.

3 kommenttia:

karri niinivaara kirjoitti...

the internet(s) seem to be just flooding with J. Rautaniemi content these days. It's like an empire already. Too much free time? You should check out www.forestfruits.blogspot.com which the asshole who runs it never posts to. It's still fabolous though. And remember that blogging is the sanitary version of navelgazing. Which is generally not good. Which means it's bad. And not bad as in good, or michael jackson bad, but just bad.

karri niinivaara kirjoitti...

oh and i'm very curious about the haircut.

Jussi Rautaniemi kirjoitti...

I don´t have any free time these days! I might have said the haircut-thing a bit early..but maby if i cut them when the shortmovie is finished..which will take some time..But don´t get be too enthusiastic about it, and the cut probably won´t be as radical as yours. ;)